Zum ersten Mal wird der Templeton Rye offiziell in Deutschland erhältlich sein: Wie uns die Destillerie heute mitteilte, wird Hardenberg-Wilthen der exklusive Vertriebspartner für den us-amerikanischen Rye.
Alle Details dazu und einige Infos zur erst im letzten Jahr eröffneten Brennerei in Iowa in der nachfolgenden Pressemitteilung:
TEMPLETON RYE AND HARDENBERG-WILTHEN AG SIGN EXCLUSIVE DISTRIBUTION DEAL FOR THE GERMAN MARKET.
Another major step forward in the International Roll out of the premium whiskey brand.
Nörten-Hardenberg, Germany – Templeton Rye Spirits has announced an exclusive distribution agreement with Hardenberg-Wilthen AG for the distribution of the Templeton Rye American Whiskey Portfolio in Germany. Under the agreement Templeton Rye will be represented and distributed exclusively in Germany by Hardenberg and will enter this market for the first time.
Shane Fitzharris, Executive Vice President of Global sales says
“We are very excited to enter the German market with Templeton and start working with such a strong partner as Hardenberg-Wilthen. American whiskey is experiencing strong growth among German consumers and with our exclusive partnership with Hardenberg-Wilthen now in place, we believe that together we are perfectly positioned to drive the category even further through the Templeton brand”
Templeton Rye’s latest distribution agreement comes off the back of the official opening of the state-of-the-art Templeton Distillery in Iowa in August 2018 coupled with the successful launch of the premium American whiskey brand into International and EU markets where the brand has now entered 20 export markets in just under a year.
“We are delighted to take such a strong brand and great product in a growing category. Especially in on-trade we see an uplift of Rye whiskey due to interest of consumers to different whiskey taste notes and premium brands. We believe in a strong and successful partnership to implement Templeton as THE Rye Whiskey in the German market”
– Marc Kerger, Director Marketing & On- trade sales at Hardenberg Wilthen.
About Hardenberg Wilthen
Hardenberg-Wilthen AG is a family business in Lower Saxony with headquarters in Nörten-Hardenberg and branches in Wilthen and Mainz. Founded around 1700, Hardenberg-Wilthen AG is one of the largest manufacturers of branded spirits in Germany. The portfolio includes well-known German spirits brands from its own production as well as internationally established and successful premium spirits in food retailing and gastronomy. The range covers all key spirits categories: Brandy, gin, grain brandies, herbal liqueurs, liqueurs, rum, vodka and whiskey.
About Templeton Rye
Templeton Rye Whiskey tracks back to the early 1920s when residents of the small town of Templeton distilled a much sought-after rye whiskey. That bootlegging enterprise, forced underground during the Prohibition era, nonetheless flourished during that period and the famous “Templeton Rye” becoming legendary. Re-introduced in 2006 the current Templeton Rye whiskey portfolio remains inspired by the entrepreneurial spirit of the original bootleggers.
On August 7, 2018, Templeton Rye Spirits, LLC marked the beginning of a new chapter, highlighting a rich history with the community they call home with the opening of the Templeton Whiskey Distillery , a 34,500 square-foot distillery, visitor center and museum in Templeton, Iowa. A $35 million project and a significant investment in the community of Templeton. In 2018 the brand also implemented a global roll out of the portfolio and has entered 20 International export markets in just under 12 months.
Templeton Distillery Snapshot
• 55,000 square-foot barrel aging warehouse that can store up to 54,000 barrels
• Located on 20-acres of land just east of downtown Templeton
• Produces up to 500,000 proof gallons of rye whiskey annually
• Capability to produce all styles of American whiskey under one roof
• Features stills imported from Forsyth’s in Scotland to produce the highest quality spirits
• 28 employees, up 17 positions from previous staffing needs
• Includes museum, visitor center and tasting room
Local Economic Impact
• $35 million project, which includes a museum, visitor center and tasting room
• Invested more than $1 million in the local economy
• Donated $250,000 to the City of Templeton to build the Community Center, which was formerly a school
• Utilized local contractors throughout Iowa for multiple aspects of the new distillery
• Will attract thousands of visitors from across the country each year to further boost the economy in the region